The first SRA scheme in Pune Cantonment Assembly constituency of Shri. Ramesh Bagwe (MLA)
Authorize all slums till year 2005 - Give free homes of 500 sq. ft.
Suresh Kalmadi, MP, always remained at forefront in resolving the issues of slum-dwellers in Pune. He always attempted to elevate their standard of living. He has put forward many demands with Shri. Prithviraj Chavan, Chief Minister of Maharashtra, like rhe slum-dwellers should get justice, they should get free home of 500 sq. ft. as also to increase the limit of authorized slums to year 2005, which is 1995 today, while preparing the Slum Rehabilitation Authority (SRA) rules of the Maharashtra government and he is following up these demands.
The demands made by Suresh Kalmadi, MP, to the Chief Minister for slum-dwellers are as follows:
- The slum-dwellers should get homes of 500 sq. ft. instead of 350 sq. ft. through the SRA scheme.
- SRA should authorize the slums till year 2005 instead of year 1995.
- Land belonging to railways/Defense/Airport Authority as also the slums along the river banks should be developed through SRA or JNNURM.
- SRA and JNNURM schemes should be implemented in the Cantonment limits.
- The SRA rules should be approved and implemented immediately.
- To implement the SRA effectively, the staff should be provided immediately to the SRA.
- Till the SRA rules are not approved, the SRA scheme should be implemented by charging premium amount of 25% of market rates as earlier and taking consent of 70% slum-dwellers.
- Each ration card holder in every family living in slum should be given separate home.
Suresh Kalmadi,MP, is striving hard relentlessly to get these demands approved. It is because of this that he is called the true champion of slum-dwellers!